Friday, April 24, 2009

The Tables Have Been Turned (2)

Wednesday, May 28th, 2009

I’m still not over what happened yesterday. A9lan she knows I never went into this in search of ‘The One’ and love. Bas kint abee rebound, w my hott second cousin from Saudi Arabia sounded like the perfect choice.

And what ever happened to the stereotype that guys were just fooling around and that they don’t get into a relationship to find love? I needed that stereotypical guy, and I just happened to end up with the one who wants to find love. *yay for me *  - not.

I mean, I know relationships don’t go according to plan. My last few have been a complete catastrophe. And one of them shouldn’t even count as a relationship to begin with, it only lasted a few weeks.

Anyway, I’m not going to bore you with the story of my exes, that’s for another diary entry. I’m going to talk about what I did today…

So, I woke up feeling mad. Then the madness turned into guilt when I looked at my phone and saw that there was a star on top of my blackberry messenger icon.
It was from Khaled.
Thank god it didn’t say what he told me yesterday.
If I was to be reminded of that as soon as I woke up I would have been frenzied and totally out of control.
The message read: ‘Good morning 7abeebti, inshallah you do well 3al imti7an ;*’
Nice. I felt sooo bad for lying to him about having an exam. But what was I supposed to do?
Next, the BBM from Sara that read: ‘Yalla gooomeee we need to go buy sun dresses and bikinis for Dubai!’

That message lifted my spirits. I had completely forgotten that I was going with her to Dubai over the weekend. We needed some time off, and what better way to relax than sitting on a beach, listening to the waves and having the blazing hot sun’s rays on my back- Not in Doha of course.

* Oh, by the way diary, I finished all my courses this year and I just have a couple of papers to hand in. Then, I’ll be done with my third year of uni! *

Back to the subject. So I quickly got dressed, skinny jeans and a tank top was the way to go, with high heels of course. I quickly ran down the stairs after I got dressed, wore my 3abaya and I called Sara to tell her I was on the way to pick her up. I got into my car and drove to her house, it took me the usual ten minutes to get there and we headed to villagio.

We started off in the marka section, not finding anything worth buying. I never really like going to that section, it’s always filled with pervy guys trying to scope out girls. And plus, personally, for some reason I never find any nice sun dresses and bikinis in that section.

So we went to top shop. Thank the lord for top shop. Il9ara7a, everything you need can be found in that one store. Hot leggings, cool tank tops, shorts, pretty sundresses and perfect bikinis. I was in a daring mood and decided to get a white bikini with a gold chain, damn it’s hot! I also got an emerald one, which perfectly suited my body. They had an amazing assortment of shorts, so I got one of each color! Sara got a dark blue bikini and a really cool orange tankini. I could just imagine us sitting on the beach, the sun on our backs, with our minds off of everything and most importantly, everyone.

The car ride back to Sara’s house was spent mostly in silence, except for T.I rapping in the background. I never really understood why she liked him and enjoyed listening to his songs. Every time I hear one of his songs I shudder, I can’t take it, but she begged me to try to listen to him, and I did. As we neared the turn into her house she got a message from her boyfriend. Something about needing to talk to her urgently. She didn’t seem worried about it, so I didn’t say anything.

Now I’m at home, comfortably sitting on my bed writing this. My suitcase is packed messily, but who cares? and I’m ready for Dubai. My flight leaves at 12 pm, so I have to go to bed now. Good night.

PS – OMG,  I can’t believe I didn’t mention this. During the car ride Sara turned to me and said
“Juju, bagolich shay…” I could hear the hesitation in her voice, and I could tell that she wasn’t sure if she should carry on talking
“Sara, shfeech? Tell meeee”
“Ok … ummm … Masha3el bitkoon in the hotel we’re staying at in Dubai” She said it so fast, that I could barely make out what she was saying, but I made out the name Masha3el

I could feel the anger inside of me, the anger that I suppressed for months was starting to claw out of me and I didn’t know what to do or think. I didn’t want to go to Dubai anymore, there was no way I was going to be in the same place as her.

“Sara, WHICH Masha3el?”
“Ya3ne which Masha3el? THAT Masha3el”

Ok diary, I can’t even think of this anymore, I’m gonna go sleep. More updates next time !
Bye … 

9 comments:

  1. weekend with your bestie in Dubai is the solution to everything I say ;**

    mino masha3el :s I dont like the sound of her !

    cant wait for more ;**

    ReplyDelete
  2. MA9ADEG THE TENSION
    WHO THE HELL IS MSHA3EL?
    cant belieeeeve u naziled this
    altho i <333
    (K) fdait my little writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ;** -- i SOO agree ! and you'll find out soon xD
    Thanks so much for commenting btw :D

    MOTH -- LOOOOL are you loving the Masha3el part? I just added it in, it wasn't in the original plan bas i think I'll be able to make it work :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! I think lana T.I is yummy in his own way <3 plus 7aram, he does have a few good songs ;p
    Loved it!:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! i cant stand this mishaa3il :P it sounds like she cant be standed a9lan :P

    yallah post quickkkkk!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your story, it's off to a great start. I can't wait to see who Misha3el is but I have a few doubts to clear up.
    -Why wear an abaya if she's going to be in a bikini and a tankini in Dubai? That doesn't make sense unless you go to a ladies beach, it's kind of hypocritical don't you think? I'm not criticising your work, it's really good, I was just wondering.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all ! :D

    Starlight - Thanks, and there are people like that in the world.
    Example: People who wear the 7jab in their country then take it off when they're in Europe or whatever (NOTE THAT MY CHARACTER ISN'T Mt7ajba A9LAN, THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE:P)
    anyways, having said that .. my character isn't a slut .. she's just like that (a) ... w again, thanks for the observation. W I'll try my best to pay more attention to detail in the future so I dont create any hypocritical thoughts or ideas

    ReplyDelete