Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Tables Have Been Turned (3)

NOTE:
The story used to be called "Is It Love?". Bas then, while browsing around blogger I found another blog with the exact same name and I was like :O
So yeah, I changed the name to "The Tables Have Been Turned" w I guess it still fits in a way :P

Also, this isn't exactly the best post. But I promise, the next ones will be better and more "action-filled", kinda. + Sorry for the short post ... 

_____________________________________________

Thursday, May 29th, 2009

You will not believe what happened to me today.
I was fast asleep, and I had a beautiful dream, which I can’t remember.
Doesn’t that piss you off? When you know you had an amazing, euphoric, over the clouds dream and then, when your alarm wakes you up (or whatever wakes you up) your dream just comes to a complete halt and you wake up, not remembering anything from that wonderful dream? Other than the fact that it was incredible, akeed. Urghh.
Not the point.
Anyway, as my dream trailed off into nothingness I heard a loud noise. It seemed like it was coming from outside, like a person was drilling something outside my house annoyingly and very loudly. I looked to my left and the sun’s rays coming through the curtain blinded me, it was daylight. I looked to my left and saw that my phone was lit, and it vibrating so loudly (that was the drilling noise I had heard, which ruined my dream :( ). I answered it,

“Alooo Juju wenichhh ?! kalamtich like meet marra bas ma radeity 3alay, yalla we’re boarding in like 40 minutes, you’re supposed to be here”

Ana. Ri7t. Feeha.

I shut the phone on her face. I looked at the time. Shit. It was 11:20 and I was in my bed. Thank god I hadn’t left my packing for the last minute. I shot out of bed, and I went straight into the shower. I finished my shower in 10 minutes, and I got dressed. I wore red sandals, a white sun dress and I grabbed my red Jimmy Choo bag (which I * thank god * prepared the day before, with all the things I would need for the flight). I looked in the mirror, and saw that my hair was still half wet and wasn’t done. What was I supposed to do with my unruly hair? I knew that as soon as I got into the plane, the pressure would instantly make it frizz up, and stay that way. I tied it into a messy bun and left the house. Just as I was putting the keys into the ignition I looked down at myself, and great.
Just great.
I forgot to wear my 3abaya. I ran into the house, put it on and left. My suitcase was probably already in the plane by the time I left the house, my driver had taken it to the airport a few hours before I even woke up.

The flight wasn’t long at all. Mala7agt I sit illa the announcement comes up to put our seatbelts on and get ready for landing. The hotel wasn’t far at all; we stayed at the X hotel. Sara didn’t feel jetlagged at all, and neither did I. We wanted to leave the hotel, and obviously, we didn’t have time to go tanning. So we decided to head to the mall. There was something about the malls here in Dubai. It’s not like in Doha where I can’t stand to be around the people (mainly I think it’s the feeling you get that all eyes are on you and that you are constantly being judged by the people) so you go in the mall, do what you have to do and leave. Here, you just go to the mall for the sake of going to the mall, I can spend all day at the malls here in Dubai and not feel agitated and insecure. I get insecure all the time, and I’m always paranoid. To the extreme.

We shopped till we couldn’t feel our legs anymore, we had way too many bags and anyways, we practically bought everything we needed in just one day – and everything we didn’t need. Tomorrow’s going to be the most fun I’ve had in a long time, and I’m looking forward to it. And now, I’m sitting in the living room of the suite, writing this, with Friends (a TV show I can never get enough from) ready to start playing and sara giving me an angry look because she wants to start watching ... 

So, the swalif of Ross, Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey and Chandler are waiting for me. 

Bye ...  



7 comments:

  1. lol that's so true about malls in Doha.. I don't go unless I really really need something and there's no way I can buy it online.. I have to physically drag myself!

    I'm loving this by the way.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm the only person left on this planet who hasn't been to Dubai! -.-
    MORE... please (A) :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who
    Is
    MSHA3EL !!!! :@



    MORE, and SOON! PLEASEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M - I hate Doha malls ! And thanks :D

    WF - ;*

    Lilo - LOOL its ok, the first time i went was like a month ago, so its fine :P and i have a couple of friends who didn't go so yeah xD

    ATW - You'll find out Laaaaaaaater :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never remember my dreams in the morning! I hate that so I spend the rest of the day, day-dreaming trying to conjure back that dream and sadly it never achieves anything except me looking like an idiot as I never know what we're doing in class.

    Can't wait for the next post,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starlight - same ! 7ata sometimes when people wake me up, i try to go back to sleep so that the dream would carry on, but it never works :P

    ReplyDelete